Address Areas of Discomfort & Put an End to Chronic Pain
- Nowadays, the treatment of pain encompasses more than just conventional medical approaches, extending to various other disciplines like Chinese medicine and osteopathy. In addition to modern medical treatments, alternatives such as massage, physiotherapy, exercise, and psychological interventions are also accessible, all aimed at alleviating pain.
- Osteopathy is a Western form of treatment that employs techniques such as pressure massage and bone alignment to adjust the balance of the body and improve mobility. This approach presents an alternative method to address both the root causes and effects of pain.
- Integrative pain management is a modern approach for all-encompassing pain management. Therefore, it offers a practical remedy for both treating existing pain and preventing its recurrence.
We frequently experience pain in various areas of our bodies, and the causes can vary among individuals. Some individuals choose to let the pain subside naturally over time, while others decide to purchase and take their own painkillers orally or topically. Alternatively, seeking medical assistance from a doctor is another common approach for addressing and treating the pain.
When deciding to seek medical assistance, individuals often confront the challenge of choosing the suitable healthcare professional specialized in pain treatment, considering the abundance of doctors and medical personnel available.
In essence, effective pain management necessitates a comprehensive methodology. This entails identifying the underlying cause and addressing it directly, employing various techniques to alleviate the pain, and implementing preventive measures to minimize its likelihood of recurrence.
Pain management extends beyond conventional medical treatments, as the treatment alone may not always provide a complete solution. Today, a variety of complementary and alternative pain management approaches are available, involving doctors and various medical sciences such as Chinese medicine, osteopathy (chiropractic treatment), massage therapy, physiotherapy, exercise, and even psychological interventions, all aimed at effectively addressing and managing pain.
Chinese Traditional Medicine has evolved over thousands of years as a treatment that utilizes techniques like acupuncture, derived from traditional Chinese medicine, to alleviate pain. This holistic approach not only targets the underlying causes and consequences of pain which has been recognized for an extended period, but also addresses issues throughout the body. Additionally, Chinese medicine offers dietary recommendations and the use of specific herbs to promote joint health.
Acupuncture is a form of stimulation that involves the insertion of thin needles into specific points on the body's surface. Studies have indicated that this stimulation of acupuncture points, akin to the body's innate pain-relieving mechanisms, influences the brain regions associated with pain processing. Acupuncture has demonstrated effectiveness in alleviating persistent pain conditions such as lower back pain, neck pain, knee pain, and pinched nerves. Additionally, it has been observed to reduce tension headaches and potentially serve as a preventive measure against migraines.
It is important to seek treatment or pain relief using Chinese medicine only from a specialized physician in this field. Whether it is acupuncture or Chinese herbal treatment, for optimal effectiveness, Chinese medicine can be combined with conventional medical approaches.
It is crucial to take caution when considering Chinese medicine, as it is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women, nor is it recommended for use in children as a treatment option.
Orthopedics or chiropractic treatment, a well-recognized Western treatment approach, has gained significant popularity in various countries. This method involves applying pressure through massage or aligning the bones based on chiropractic principles to restore body balance and improve movement. It serves as an alternative means of addressing both the root causes and the resulting effects of pain.
Chiropractic treatment is effective in managing various types of pain, such as lower back pain, neck pain, musculoskeletal pain, and headaches. The core principle of osteopathy is to realign and adjust the joints, aiming to minimize pain and enhance the range of motion. This approach involves relaxing tense muscles, alleviating spasms, and releasing tension in the connective tissues surrounding each muscle. Additionally, exercises and stretches are incorporated to restore and sustain joint stability and mobility.
It is important to ensure that chiropractic treatment is administered by a qualified and licensed professional to mitigate any potential risks or complications, such as herniated discs or degeneration, as well as nerve compression in the lower spine.
However, individuals with specific health conditions, including severe osteoporosis, numbness in the arms or legs, weakness, spinal cancer, stroke, or upper cervical spondylosis, may have limitations or restrictions when it comes to receiving osteopathic treatment for their conditions.
Balancing massage aims to relieve tension and discomfort in muscles, promoting relaxation and improved blood circulation. Therefore, this helps alleviate pain and enhance mobility, particularly for muscle-related sources of pain.
Physical mobility involves a range of techniques, including modalities such as heat, cold, electric current, and sound waves. The purpose is to diminish pain, relax muscles, and enhance joint mobility. Additionally, exercises are incorporated to strengthen muscles and improve endurance, aiming to prevent the recurrence of pain.
- Ultrasound is a method of applying deep heat to address a range of conditions affecting muscles, joints, and tendons, such as sprains, stiffness, or tendonitis. This treatment promotes improved circulation in the tissues, accelerates the healing process, reduces pain, and enhances flexibility.
- Warm Compresses - Applying a warm compress to the affected area enhances blood circulation, relaxes muscles, and provides pain relief to the injured tissue.
- Exercise - Engaging in exercise helps to boost strength, expand the range of motion or flexibility, reduce inflammation, and enhance blood and oxygen flow to inflamed muscles. Exercise can be performed in either a passive or active manner as an additional approach to alleviate pain.
The aforementioned examples represent a variety of pain treatment methods that can be combined in different ways, under the guidance and supervision of a doctor, to achieve effective pain management.
Integrated pain treatment is a modern approach that offers comprehensive pain management. By addressing the root cause of pain and preventing its recurrence, it contributes to an improved quality of life for patients.
“VitalLife Scientific Wellness Center" is a leading wellness clinic in Bangkok, Thailand that offers a wide range of services to promote longevity and anti-aging.
📍 Make an appointment & more information
Add LINE: @vitallife_wellness or Click
Our doctors can help.
Dr. Photsawee Kwanchuay
Men's Sexual Health, Sexual Medicine, Sex Therapy, Rehabilitation Medicine
M.D.Book an appointment
Dr. Wanviput Sanphasitvong
Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine, Preventive Medicine, LifeStyle Medicine, Hormone Management, Weight Management
M.D., ABAARM, FAARFM, CNW, Board of Preventive Medicine, Rehab Pilates InstructorBook an appointment