5 Tips for Postpartum Skin Rejuvenation
After giving birth, most new mothers are so tied up with taking care of their newborn that they forget to look after themselves. By the time they realize that it’s time for self-care, some skin problems might have already gotten far out of hand. This is why prevention is always better than having to cure it after the fact.
What are typical postpartum skin problems for new mothers?
For the first two to three weeks after giving birth, a mother’s skin may feel drier than usual due to the loss of fluid retained during pregnancy. Edema may appear to be reduced, but there are still some subsequent skin problems that remain, like dehydrated skin. You can detect early signs of dehydrated skins from dry and flaky lips, dry mouth, and dry skin. The hair may also become brittle and break off easily, plus relatively low breast milk production.
Skin darkening in many areas of the body
During pregnancy, two in five women experience the development of dark spots on many areas of their bodies, such as the neck, underarms, thighs, nipples and the surrounding skin, and the genital area. There are also chances of melasma, freckles, dark blemishes, and dark circles. All of these are caused by changes in female sex hormone levels during pregnancy, which can darken certain areas of the skin. After the baby is born, those dark areas remain the same; it can take at least three to six months until they appear lighter naturally.
The level of multiple hormones increases during pregnancy. That’s why it’s common to experience inflamed acne and allergic rashes more than usual. The skin also becomes more sensitive to sunlight, thus increasing the chances of developing melasma and freckles.
5 Postpartum Skincare Tips1. Avoid being in direct sunlight if possible since it contains UVA rays (which damage collagen, causing the skin to become weathered), and UVB rays (which causes melasma, freckles, dark spots, and sunburn). If you have to go out, make sure that you apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 and Protection Grade against UVA rays (PA) higher than 3+.
2. Drink at least two liters of water per day to compensate for water loss to restore moisture balance to your skin.
3. Go to bed early. It’s best to go to bed before 10 PM to allow your body to fully repair itself because your body secretes growth hormones from 10 PM to 2 AM, which repairs your skin while sleeping.
4. Eat multiple colored fruits and vegetables as well as all five food groups to provide your body with all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals needed for health recovery.
5. Choose skincare products made with safe, natural ingredients that contain skin nourishment, and use irritant-free formulas to ensure healthy skin.
|Nourishment and Skincare Products for Face and Body Care
|Youvion Face Serum,
A facial serum
for youthful, firm, and glowing skin
|This facial serum, meticulously developed in Switzerland, is made from a combination of powerful extracts retrieved from the deep sea, edelweiss stem cells, and strong skin rejuvenating agents — all carefully selected to maximize skin rejuvenation. The serum is beneficial for all ages since it is non-comedogenic, pregnancy-safe, and contains no hormone-disrupting chemicals, carcinogens, or allergens that can be harmful to your skin. The serum is rich with:
Youvion Eye Serum
for younger-looking and more attractive eyes
|This eye serum, meticulously developed in Switzerland, is made from a combination of powerful extracts from the deep sea, edelweiss stem cells, and a strong skin rejuvenating agent — all carefully selected to maximize skin rejuvenation. This serum is beneficial for all ages since it is non-comedogenic, pregnancy-safe, contains no hormone-disrupting chemicals, carcinogens, or allergens that can be harmful to your skin. The serum is rich with:
|VitalLife Sun Protection SPF 50 Broad Spectrum
A lightweight sunscreen
that provides your skin a strong protective shield under any weather conditions.
|A sunscreen with a lightweight formula that has been meticulously developed. All ingredients have been carefully selected to maximize skin rejuvenation. This sunscreen is beneficial for all ages since it is non-comedogenic, pregnancy-safe, contains no hormone-disrupting chemicals, carcinogens, or allergens that can be harmful to your skin.
|Youvion Organic Body Lotion,
organic body lotion that helps restore fullness and moisture to extremely dry skin.
|This body lotion formula has been meticulously developed and made from a combination of multiple potent natural plant extracts — all carefully selected to maximize skin rejuvenation. The body lotion is beneficial for all ages since it is non-comedogenic, pregnancy-safe, contains no hormone-disrupting chemicals, carcinogens, or allergens that can be harmful to your skin.
It helps restore luminosity, radiance, and elasticity to your skin and makes it look healthy. This body lotion is enriched with:
pampers your skin to achieve a more radiant look and makes your skin healthier from the inside out.
|ProFacial is a facial treatment that helps to revitalize dry, damaged, and loose skin on a deeper level with VitalLife’s five exclusive service programs as follows:
1. Duo Brightening, a skin exfoliating technology using an aqua peeling technique to give your skin a deep cleanse and extract embedded impurities
2. Face Lifting to transport vitamins and nourishment from the skin surface into the inner dermal layer with electrophoresis technology and ultrasound
3. Face Firming treatment using multipolar radio frequency technology
4. Bright Firming treatment that gently exfoliates your skin with fruit acids, helping your new, regenerated skin to look more youthful and firmer
5. Bright Lifting treatment that tightens facial muscles using ions (Ionto lifting technique) and allows vitamins to penetrate through the skin for a brighter and more radiant complexion
|IV Beauty Refreshing,
A vitamin therapy with revitalizing power that makes your skin more beautiful from the inside out
|A shortcut to having clear, radiant skin by administrating vitamins and nutrients directly into the veins to stimulate collagen production, brighten skin complexion, restore a youthful appearance, and detoxify your liver — making you feel healthier from head to toe